BCYLA Scholarship Rules
Applications are furnished by the Brazos County Youth Livestock Association to the County Extension Agents and Agriculture Science Teachers. They should be completed in full and returned (or postmarked) no later than February 8, 2016 to the Brazos County Office of Texas AgriLife Extension Service, 2619 Highway 21 West, Bryan, Texas 77803. For more information, please call (979) 823-0129.
The candidates must be a high school senior who will graduate by the spring semester of 2016 and are either members of 4-H or FFA. (A signature of the County Extension Agent or Agriculture Science Teacher is required as part of the certification). They will be confined to those who have been either accepted or enrolled in a Texas College, University or trade school but are not limited to a specific or restricted major. Scholarship winners must take a minimum of 12 hours for the 2016 fall semester with proof of their registration and payment provided to the BCYLA secretary before the recipient’s check is mailed. If a scholarship winner has not enrolled in a college, university, or trade school within 12 months of the Fall of 2016, the scholarship will be forfeited.
Applicant must include the following:
- Typed scholarship application with signature of:
- Parent or Guardian
- County Extension Agent or Agriculture Science Teacher
- Current copy of high school transcript
- 2 x 3 bust photograph – Senior picture (black and white preferred but not required)
- A typed narrative, not to exceed one page, double spaced. In this narrative, the applicant may supply any information which he/she feels is pertinent to the application receiving proper consideration.